Gum Recontouring – Fairfax, VA
Reshaping. Repairing. Refining.
Thinking about pursuing cosmetic dentistry to minimize your “gummy smile?” While it may not be your teeth that need help, your gums can cause your overall aesthetic to appear less than desirable. Fortunately, at Fairfax Dental Esthetics, our team can remove excess tissue and reshape your gum line to give you an even, more aesthetically pleasing appearance. How do we do it? Through a process known as gum recontouring in Fairfax, VA, you can regain your confidence and finally enjoy a healthier, happier smile. To learn more about this unique service, contact our office to schedule an appointment.
What is Gum Recontouring?
Gum recontouring is a cosmetic dental procedure that focuses on reshaping an individual’s gum line. Whether it is removing excessive tissue or lengthening the crown of a tooth for a necessary restorative procedure, our dentists use a soft tissue laser to make the process quick and easy.
You won’t have to worry about a traditional scalpel and suture method. With the soft tissue laser, we can quickly move along the gum line, cauterizing the tissue to minimize bleeding. You won’t feel any pain throughout the procedure and will undergo a much shorter recovery time.
Benefits of Gum Recontouring
Gum recontouring is becoming a more popular cosmetic dental treatment because it:
- Improves oral health by reducing your chances of developing gum disease
- Makes it possible to receive a dental crown should you require additional tooth structure for proper placement
- Offers a safer, more effective way to remove excess tissue and reshape the gum line, complete without pain or additional bleeding
- Creates an improved aesthetic that allows patients to feel confident and beautiful
- Is a permanent solution
How Much Does Gum Recontouring Cost?
As nice as it would be to put a single price tag on gum recontouring, unfortunately, we cannot. The reason is that various factors must be considered, and every patient is different. This means that the price can vary from patient to patient.
During your initial consultation, one of our dentists will discuss the process of gum recontouring and how it will impact your smile. In addition to an oral examination and personalized treatment plan, they will provide a cost estimate for your new smile.
Included will be the different factors that make up the total cost, some of which can include:
- Whether you require it solely on the top or bottom arch or both
- The severity of the problem
- If you require additional pre-cosmetic dentistry work (i.e. periodontal therapy)
- If it’s being combined with any other cosmetic procedures (i.e. smile makeover)
- Anesthesia/Sedation, if necessary