Cosmetic Dentist in Fairfax Offers Invisalign® Clear Braces
Many adults could benefit from orthodontic treatment, but few are willing to wear visible metal braces for a year or more. Fortunately, there is a clear alternative from your cosmetic dentist in Fairfax -- it’s Invisalign® clear braces. This treatment method works using a series of comfortable clear plastic aligners that are practically invisible when worn. And the results? Beautiful, just like with conventional braces.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner system that gradually repositions the teeth over the course of one to two years with a series of removable plastic trays or aligners. It works using the same orthodontic principles of conventional braces. The Invisalign aligners are custom-fitted to match your dentition at each stage of treatment, designed to place focused pressure on different areas of the bite according to your needs. The average treatment time ranges from 12 to 24 months. After the treatment is complete, a clear retainer will be prescribed to keep the teeth lined up the way they should be.
Invisalign vs. Metal Braces
Invisalign operates the same way as metal braces -- placing pressure on the teeth to create movement, just without all the visible hardware -- but that is just about the only similarity. Some of the most considerable differences between clear Invisalign braces and the conventional method are listed below. Which would you enjoy most?
- Invisalign is very subtle. People close to you may know you are undergoing orthodontic treatment, but casual acquaintances and colleagues may never notice the aligners.
- The Invisalign trays are removable, so you can take them out to eat all your favorite foods -- without having to worry about a broken bracket or wire.
- Removability also makes brushing and flossing a breeze, so you can get through the treatment without being at a higher risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Invisalign can be used to treat a wide variety of cases (more on eligibility below).
- The clear plastic aligners are typically far more comfortable than fixed metal brackets and wires.
- Fewer visits to the dentist in Fairfax are required with Invisalign compared to with traditional braces.
Are You Eligible for Invisalign?
Most patients who could benefit from conventional orthodontic treatment are indeed eligible for Invisalign. Clear aligners can be used to treat the following cases:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
The total treatment time and cost of Invisalign will depend on the complexity of your case and how well you comply with the instructions. Losing or damaging an aligner will result in delayed treatment times and greater cost.
Let’s Get Started on Your Smile
The only way to know for sure whether or not you can benefit from Invisalign is to schedule an appointment with us to discuss Invisalign in Fairfax! If you are a candidate, we look forward to getting started right away. Go ahead and contact us today!